Thursday, January 20, 2011

I CAN!!

After running on the dreadmill for an hour on Tuesday, I decided that IM training is 95% mental!!  There are many factors that go into IM training: swimming, cycling, running, strength training...those are obvious, but mental conditioning...that's another story.

Can I get through the next 5 minutes running slightly faster than the last 5 minutes?  Can I run a relatively slow pace throughout the whole run since I have a VO2Max test this week?  Can I get by without leaving the dreadmill and refilling my water bottle?  Can I possibly sweat any more?  Can I endure the slight chafing I am feeling under my arms?  Can I mentally overcome the boredom I am feeling?  Can I get through my training to help make race day easier?

The answer to all of the above questions and future questions I may have...I CAN!!

1 comment: