Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Ironman Battle





                                                                            OR




While on our trip, I have been doing a lot of thinking about which race would be the best for me to participate in for the 2013 year.  There are many factors that I have been thinking about:

1.  Time of year:  IM CDA would require me to have the bulk of my training at the end of the school year when chaos and stress are at a maximum...IM WI would be toward the start of my school year and the bulk of my training would be complete before the school year starts.

2.  Financial aspect:  IM CDA would require more money for travel than IM WI.  If we drive to CDA, it is at least a 2 day drive each way with gas, lodging and food along the way and in CDA.  If we fly to CDA, there is the expense of flying, lodging, transporting my bike to the race site and food.  Driving to Madison is a 4 hour drive one way which would require less gas, lodging and food.  Since I am not made of money, doing two in one year is out of the question.

3.  Do I want a second chance at IM WI:  In 2011 I finished IM WI, yes, but I wasn't really happy with my performance.  I know I could have had a better performance if I had done a better job of controlling my nutrition...Do I want to Slay the Dragon at WI???

4.  Experience something new:  Do I want the opportunity to experience IM in a new location (CDA) or on familiar territory (WI)?  I love the scenery in both locations!! 

I have less than 48 hours to make my final decision since IM CDA is tomorrow and registration for IM CDA is the following morning EARLY...hmmmm...what to do...What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment