Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2013






                                                  I have decided on a goal...a BIG goal...
                     IRONMAN COEUR D'ALENE 2013
                                                         Anyone care to join me?!?!?!

My husband and I are going to Coeur d'Alene in a couple of weeks to volunteer for Ironman.  I will sign up for and complete Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2013!!  I am VERY EXCITED about this feat!!

Goals for Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2013:
1.  I am going to have a better and more enjoyable experience than Ironman Wisconsin 2011. 
2.  I am going to focus on improving my swimming, cycling and running legs.
3.  I will put even more emphasis on my nutrition, mental game and race day execution.
4.  Time Goal C:  Break 16 hours
     Time Goal B:  Break 15 hours
     Time Goal A:  Break 14 hours

Why Ironman Coeur d'Alene 2013?  That's easy...I want a new challenge and I need something that is going to take dedication and focus (since I am lacking both at the present time).  The swim is a mass beach start with very cool water temperatures, the bike has a few good hill climbs with what appears to be beautiful scenery and the run has a couple of good hill climbs with scenery from the lake that we swim in.  I am very excited about the challenge of this new race, getting the opportunity to race in a new and beautiful location and pushing my body to new limits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment