Sunday, January 23, 2011

How did I get started?

It is no secret...I love to exercise!!!!  When did this start?  At one of the lowest points in my life...when I was going through a divorce.  I met some FABULOUS people who also love to exercise by deciding to sign up for the City of Ames Parks and Rec Team 12.4 program.  This was the turning point for what would become a NEED to exercise.  I love how I feel when I am done with a good workout!!

I ran and ran and ran my wheels off, until one day I decided to incorporate some swimming into my weekly workouts.  I had some friends who decided to give triathlons a go and convinced me to give it a "tri" as well.  Despite having an indoor swim in a pool without my glasses (I hadn't had LASIK yet) with the bike and run outside in the bitter cold Iowa winds of early May, I had a BLAST and was hooked!!

From there the triathlons and my desires to conquer them only got bigger!!  Soon I was doing Olympic distance events and then 70.3s and now my sites are on The BIG One...140.6!!  Who covers 140.6 miles in one day when they are not in a vehicle...many people actually attempt this feat and only few succeed...I will be one of the few!!

Where will I go next...who knows?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment