Sunday, March 10, 2013

Where's my Mojo?!?!?!?!

This last week I have had a bout with lack of motivation.  It might actually be my body telling me to take it easy and recover after last Sunday's marathon in Little Rock, Arkansas, or it could be my mind saying, "You have a very long week coming up with conferences, so take a break and get rejuvenated for your busy week ahead."

I didn't exercise at all Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.  I taught TRX on Thursday, but took it VERY easy during this workout.  Friday morning I got up and ran on the treadmill before doing some hard core exercises.  The run was a struggle since my legs felt as though someone had loaded them full of lead.  I ended up running 3 miles at a 10:56 pace.  Since my average pace was 8:55 at Sunday's marathon, this was slow for me, but it was a pace that my body needed to help me recover.  Saturday and Sunday were also void of exercise.

This coming week, I have parent teacher conferences, which will require me to work from 7 am to 7 pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.  I will also have to work from 8 - 11:30 am on Thursday morning, but then...SPRING BREAK for 10 days!!  Mojo...During this time, I will find you and own you!! Spring break is going to be a time for me to get back on track, re energized and motivated about upcoming races and the end of the school year :)


We all have peaks and valleys with the amount of mojo we possess.  Just because I am in the valley today, doesn't mean I will be tomorrow.  What is it going to take for me to find my mojo again??????

1.  Take a moment and remember why I set the goals for myself that I did.

2.  Put my feet on the floor and get moving...The hardest part is often putting my feet on the floor and stepping out the door.  Once I take the first few steps, it is often easy to keep moving.  Getting started is the hardest part.

3.  Make Everyday Count...If I have a bad day, get up and do it again tomorrow.  The key to a bad day is to not sulk, but turn it around.  Tomorrow is a new day, so take it and run with it!!

4.  Be consistent, but flexible...Do the BEST I can with what I have.  My life is different from the lives of others.  I need to do what I can for ME with the time, energy and strength that I have at that time.

5.  Be kind to my body...If I want my body to perform at its peak, I need to ensure that I take care of my body and treat it right.  If you put sand in the gas tank of a car, it won't run...likewise, if I am not kind to my body, my body won't run efficiently either.

6.  Be positive and surround myself with positive people and positive circumstances..."Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and latch on to the affirmative." Baloo from the Jungle Book...Need I say more?!?!?!?!?

Now...Let's go find that MOJO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment