Saturday, March 5, 2011

Making the Most of it...

There are lots of people who compete in many races (including life) with a challenge...without a limb, with a disease, without family, without friends, with little money.  Whatever the challenge, they get through...they survive...they persevere.  I am a firm believer that you aren't given more than you can handle.  My mother has taught me to be a strong, independent woman and has always said, " That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger."  Well, I am getting a dose about being stronger!!  This bum knee is giving me the opportunity to grow mentally and hopefully physically (since we do grow stronger during our recovery periods than during our workouts).

I start pt on Tuesday and am hopeful that I will be told I can start exercising at a low intensity.  I have not had knee pain for a couple of days now and am still icing, taking ibuprofen and making the most of the present situation.  Hope and faith are what I have to lean on right now and I will continue to lean on them until I am back on the IM Moo training train full steam ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment