Sunday, December 19, 2010

This Weekend's Accomplishments

Yesterday I swam 2200 yards.  It was a very challenging swim for me.  I felt like someone had filled my swimsuit with lead!!  I was suppose to have done intervals while swimming, but I decided that keeping my form was more important than speed.  I was very tired and somewhat sore from the previous week's workouts, so I didn't want to sacrifice form for speed.

After swimming, I went straight to the gym and lifted weights.  This was a great workout!!  I was to lift fewer reps with more weight and I really pushed myself beyond what I thought I was capable of.  It was fabulous!!  I love feeling slightly sore the day after...it makes me feel like I did something :)

This morning we had a group ride at our place.  Six people showed up and we rode for 2 hours.  It was a great ride!!  I mostly spun easy, but did incorporate four intervals where for 5 minutes each I lowered my rpm to around 57-59.  I really want to inprove my ride speed.  The best way for me to do this is to incorporate intervals periodically.  I am hoping that by pushing myself on a couple of rides a week, that I will be able to inprove my speed on the bike.  This is exactly what I did to improve my run speed a few years ago.  It is amazing how you quickly I was able to increase my run speed when I was trying to catch the people in front of me...intervals :)  Hopefully the same will happen on the bike...I just hope my speed on the bike improves before Ironman in September!!

I am so thankful I was able to complete all of my workouts this week!!  Total hours of training this week = 12:39:48...I am VERY happy with that for the off season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment