Thursday, December 9, 2010

Let's UNOFFICIALLY start training PLEASE!!!

My husband and I have decided to test our marriage by signing up for Ironman Wisconsin for 2011.  We know training for Ironman is going to require a LOT of our time outside of work, so we decided by training together we would still get to see each other, converse occasionally and spend some time together.

Our training will officially start on Monday, January 3, 2011.  I am getting excited to start this training adventure and feel like I am moving forward toward our goal...hearing those 4 simple words at the finish line, "You are an Ironman!!" 

In September, we both participated in the Ironman 70.3 Branson event, which was our last race for 2010.  Since this time, we have been in the "off season" and have done little "training."  As a result, the pounds have come on, the energy levels have fallen and the endurance we once had has dwindled.  I am ready to reverse these changes and get back to the leaner, more energetic, high endurance athlete I was a couple of months ago.  I know the importance of giving our bodies time to recover and rebuild, but my mind is telling my body, "You have had enough of this recovery and rebuilding time.  Get back out there on the roads and trails and in the water!!"

We have 24 days until we officially start training, but I am saying, "Dear, it is time to unofficially start training!!"  Hmmm...I wonder what his response will be?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment