Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Goal: Complete Every Scheduled Workout this Week!!

I made a deal with myself this week that I would not miss one scheduled workout.  So far I am doing GREAT!!  I haven't missed one yet!!  Monday's workouts went very well!!

Yesterday actually felt as though my training is back on track!!  I got up and did 45 minutes of TRX (a suspension strength training workout) at 5 am.  After having done 45 minutes of TRX on Monday and 90 minutes of core strengthening on Monday, I was a little sore, but it felt good to push myself again!!

At lunch I went to the pool and swam for 50 minutes.  It is really difficult for me to get myself to the pool this time of year.  It is so cold outside that I don't want to strip down to my swim suit and get in the pool.  At least the water was fairly warm yesterday.  The locker room and showers...now that is another story!!  Overall, I had a decent swim.  I am really working on bilateral breathing, so it was good to have some time to practice this!!  It still feels really ackward, but I am hopeful that one day it will just be natural!!

Shortly before 5pm the husband and I went for what was suppose to be a 40 minute run.  It turned out to be about 35 minutes.  My fingers were REALLY cold and I was running low on energy...could it be because I am not use to working out this much and didn't fuel properly throughout the day?!?!?  That is one thing I have to adjust for again.  I always seem to forget how many calories I need to exercise multiple times a day and feel good doing so...I will get it down sooner or later!!

I am definitely looking forward to the day when my workouts feel easier...don't get me wrong...they are much easier now than they were a month ago, but I still have a long way to go before it feels easy!!  Good thing January is around the corner!!  Proper fueling will definitely help the workouts feel easier...

Tonight we have many people coming over for our Wednesday night group ride!!  I am excited to complete today's workout and be 3 for 3 on workout completion for the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment