Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Who took my wagon?

It has been quite a while since my last post.  What has been happening you may ask...Not much in the area of exercise.  My exercise wagon got hijacked, but I think I may have found it.

I have come to some realizations while my wagon was MIA.
1.  I have gained 34 pounds since Ironman Wisconsin 2011 and this is not acceptable.
2.  I have let myself get so out of shape that it is a struggle to start back up...this is also not acceptable.  I am not happy with myself in who I have let myself become.
3.  I have goals, but little motivation to start working toward achieving those goals.  What ultimately motivates me?  Paying for and signing up for races that CHALLENGE me!!  Going out and doing a 5K or a 10K race is not a challenge for me.  Yes I could say that I want to get faster at these distances, but that is not a challenging enough goal for me to get out of bed or off the couch and get to work.  I NEED something BIG!!

So...What races have I signed up for to start pushing myself and get back the person I so want and need to be?  You'll have to check this out in my next post...coming yet this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment