Thursday, December 20, 2012

Finding the Balance

There are many things in life that need balance...
       *Balancing home and work
       *Balancing friends and family
       *Balancing physical activity and mental well-being
       *Balancing nutrition and physical activity
       *Balancing triathlon training, strength training and stretching

I have recently tried yoga and have found the following benefits:
       *Stretching
       *Mental Relaxation
       *Core Strengthening
       *Detoxification and Cleansing

These benefits are bound to help me see major improvements in my everyday life as well as my triathlon and marathon training.  I definitely want to incorporate more yoga into my weekly workout routine.  I am excited to try a variety of new yoga classes and figure out those that work for me to incorporate into my weekly workout routine.  Unfortunately, this will have to wait until after the holidays since we are gone for a few days for Christmas and the local yoga studio is closed more days than they are open over winter break.

My experience with hot yoga was one I haven't ever had before.  It allowed me to become more flexible throughout the session and the amount of sweat I shed was very cleansing!!  I have also found that regular yoga has allowed me to adequately stretch after a tough workout.  I am anxious to try the yoga for athletes class to see how that helps me as a marathon runner and Ironman triathlete!!  Bring on 2013 and finding the balance in life!!


No comments:

Post a Comment