Saturday, November 19, 2011

Post Ironman Slump

I have come to realize that I NEED a race on the schedule to stay motivated.  Not just any old race either...I need a big one.  I am in a funk with no real goals in mind for the coming year.  I am not exercising regularly, I am not sleeping well, I am not eating the best that I know I can and should, I have gained 7 pounds in 2 months and I am not feeling that great either (I seem to have a constant cold, sore throat, etc...UGH!!).

I was reminded to "Find the reasons that make you want to train and to race.  Embrace them and use them to keep you on the road each day."  Right now my road has big holes in it big enough for me to get lost in.  I am hoping to patch up and smooth out that road this weekend and create a plan to get me back on track.

I can go out and run a 5K/10K or participate in a sprint/olympic distance triathlon with no training.  As a matter of fact, I recently got first place woman in a local 10K without even setting a PR.  I can also compete in a 1/2 marathon with very little training.  I think I need to focus on the 1/2 to full Ironman and full marathon distances when racing.  I enjoy the triathlon much more than just running since there is variety in the daily training and the actual race.

If any of you have suggestions for upcoming events in the Midwest for 2012, I am taking suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment